Friday, March 10, 2006

Wow.

I left Pennsylvania on January 27th to move to Texas. I can't believe that I have already been here for 6 weeks.

Life here in Justin is...different. I thought living in Coatesville was way out in the middle of nowhere. At least there we had buggies and the Amish people. Here we have nothing. Although there are several brand new neighborhoods going up around me, I feel like my neighborhood is a planet all of its own.

I've been so busy since we arrived. Mom was here for 3 weeks and that seems like eons ago! I have had no shortage of visitors - my friend Cindy has come up to visit on two weekends already. My new job is amazing. I have met some really neat people since moving down. It's comforting to me to sit and listen in to the relationships that people have around me in the office down here - in many ways the dynamic is the same as when I was at EB. I'm enjoying myself here.

Of course I miss my family. I miss my friends at home. I miss the Good family - I miss not being part of the new baby that has arrived from Guatemala. I miss the every day of life up there. The life of being able to walk down a hall and know everyone that passes me by. I feel like a stranger in a strange land. I feel somewhat comforted by emails and phone calls I've received from the people back home.

Most of all, I finally feel like a real adult now. I bought my very own house. I have come a long way since living in the Olsens basement. I am not nearly old enough to sit in my rocking chair yet and reminisce but gosh...I lean back, get that far away look in my eye and smile a warm smile as I gaze into space...

Those were the days....those were the days....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home