Saturday, March 11, 2006


MOVE IN DAY!!
We arrived around 5:30 on Sunday, January 29th. Mom drove 18 of the 21 hours from Virginia. She gets bored just sitting there watching the world go by. I had about an ounce of guilt one or two times as she drove..but it was only after I had woken up from a lengthy nap in the passenger seat! :)

For having done away with most of my stuff when I moved in with David, I sure did end up bringing a lot of crap. Mom got out of that car and true to form we started hefting stuff into the house and putting things together. What funny stories we have to tell about that first week here in Texas. We figured out early on why this house was so cheap - there is a very active train track about a 1/4 mile behind my house. When you aren't hearing trains you're hearing the jets fly overhead. There is an airport not too far from me here in Justin. Some nights they fly so low over the house I can feel the house shake. I want to wander out back and hold up my hand for a bag of those little tiny peanuts.

Within two days we had the garage nearly cleaned out. Now it stands almost empty and I can park my car inside. Is that ever nice? I thought it was going to come in handy those nights when it was so cold frost forms on the windshield. I only hate one thing more than mornings and that's having to scrape my windshield when it's covered in frost.

I'm starting to like mornings more now. I've had to scrape my windshield a total of one time since I moved here. Sure, I park in the garage now but the weather is such that it doesn't get too cold now. In fact, as I sit here in the front room of my new house I bask in the sunlight of the 84 degree day.

In the immortal words of Beezlebub - it's only gonna get hotter!!! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home