Saturday, March 11, 2006

Well here it is. My humble abode.

Welcome.

Not much in the way of furniture stores down here - but mom and I hit pay dirt! I paid a mere $750 for the living room set you see here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

;)

No, I'm joking. However, this WAS my family room furniture for six weeks. By Monday or Tuesday of that first week we added to our living quarters here. Dot and Winston had given me nearly half of their furniture...okay...MOST of their furniture...mom and I grabbed up the patio chairs from the set they gave me and carried two of them inside. They were high backed chairs with nice cushions on them. We put them in place, put these fold up chairs in front of them and VOILA! Instant ottomans! Pair all of this with a tiny, lone decorative table mom had found me in Williamsburg YEARS ago and we have instant living room furniture. There wasn't anything in the house strong enough for the new 32" tv I bought so it sits on the floor. Elaine and Mike were so kind as to give me an entertainment center they had at their Pa. house before they'd bought their current big screen tv. Once they dig that out of their garage it will fit nicely in with my new furniture.

I feel so lucky. I feel so good about life these days. I'm making it on my own for the first time in a long time. The house is nice, the neighborhood is nice, the weather is nice and I like the area. I went out this morning to the gym and to pick up my brother in law, Venu. He's living nearby in Euless working the job. We went to Wal Mart and I spent way too much money. It's all worth it though - I don't have to feel guilty anymore. I bought food and a couple of nice new things for my house. *My* house.

It has such a nice ring to it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home