Sunday, July 23, 2006

Well here it is, ladies and gents. The fruits of Gretchen and my labor this past few days. The color on the walls is Lagoon - then a thin white strip - then Blanket Brown along the top edge. It turned out so much better than I could have ever hoped!! Mad, mad props go to my homegirl, Gretchen for her immense patience with both the taping of the stripe and my severe case of ADD with this project. :) "Hey Gretchen, wanna help me paint my room? OH LOOK, A CHICKEN!"


I need to take some more pictures of my furniture because I want you people to vote on whether or not I should paint my side tables the same brown as the stripe above the blue. I want to do it so that it ties together in the room but I don't want to OVERDO it, ya know?

Now that the blue and the brown are painted the pictures I had on the wall along with the dark fan blades of my ceiling fan, everything just seems to "POP" as Gretchen says. As I already said, I'm so pleased that it turned out so well. In fewer than six months I feel again like I have a whole new room. It's so awesome!



This past Wednesday we spent 2 hours at Home Depot picking out paint and various other projects. I am always gaga around the paint cards because it's a way to create a whole new world. Doing this room was inspiring me to make all kinds of changes to my house - changes to make the house more my "home." Even though it already is, painting and rearranging always makes it fresh and new. I like that aspect. After doing this room I'm rethinking my feelings on that whole subject. :) These textured walls are HARD TO PAINT!!!

Alas it was a fun weekend project. I'm looking forward to other changes around the house. Talk to y'all soon!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

POP

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

POP

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home