Thursday, April 27, 2006


Well, here it is, another year, time for another Buffett concert. I went to both Philly shows last year and am headed to the Dallas, Tx show tomorrow. I cannot WAIT!

I think they should change the mantra to "Whatever happens at the Buffett concert, STAYS at the Buffett concert." I officially started my "hot guy diary" at the second show in Philly last year. Okay, so maybe my judgement was a bit clouded by a margarita or two (or ten) by the time these guys came along but they were fun just the same! They hammed it up with me in front of the camera and had a good time.

Below is the guy that started it all. I was minding my own business, checking out this guy's huge pirate flag and whammo - this hottie stops me and says, "Takin' a picture of my flag? Don't you want to take a picture with ME?" I am not exactly sure but I THINK my response was, "hummina hummina hummina" Then my friend Lisa took the shot...



I don't think I've ever had this much fun in my life. We got to the parking lots at 10 a.m. The show wasn't due to start until 7:30. It was sunny and nice when we set up camp and about an hour later, it started to get windy then the clouds rolled in and it poured. We huddled under our huge umbrella with about six other people that had run under to try and stay dry. Me? I didn't care. I was having too much fun.


We took some time during the day to walk around the parking lots and see the sights. There were small, medium and large fins. There was beer pong, golf, hot tubs, tiki bars as far as the eye could see. There were hammocks and sand and inflatable sharks tied to the tops of SUVs. Music blared from every car. People stopped you randomly and either asked for a shot or offered a shot. For one day there was a world of Parrotheads that took over an obcene amount of real estate. I'm so glad to have joined the ranks.

I don't think there's a proper name for the place where we all go right before Bubba takes us away...some call it Margaritaville, some call it Paradise, some say it's "somewhere between the port of indecision and southwest of disorder..." I saw tons of disorder this day when we went to see Buffett in '05...and tomorrow I will surely see more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home