Monday, July 17, 2006

Yep folks - those are MY flip flopped feet on the sand in Galveston Island, Texas!

My mother and niece flew in from Virginia (and boy are their arms TIRED!) on July 8th and we have been hanging out and having fun since they got here. I worked a lot of the time but we managed to steal away for a couple of days to see what Texans called "the beach."

It took us 5+ hours to get there - not bad! We drove through Houston to get there so I guess that's another city in Texas I can say I've seen. We stayed in a very tiny, tiny room in a La Quinta Inn right across the street from the seawall. Very interesting.

The first day we went to the water park - the Schlitterbahn. It's okay to say it - it's not a dirty word. Mom, Beth and I had a total blast at the park. The next day we spent on the beach. Very different from east coast beaches but it was so nice to be on the beach, in the sand, with the waves lapping at my feet. Saturday we tried to just keep cool (it's hot down here, ya know?) and went to the far end of the island to spend time on the beach. We got there around 3:30 and stayed till 7 something that night.

All in all a good road trip. Something I enjoy doing with my mom. The three of us got to spend lots of time with each other - laughing, being silly and bonding. It's some of the best times to remember. And as Beth put it last night - she laughed long and hard during those days and those are the best memories to have. Well put from a 9 year old.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the niece's mother....where was she??
I guess someone had to work
Nance

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home