Monday, July 17, 2006

We took a ride to sightsee one evening. It was just after sunset when we arrived on the western side of Galveston Island.

We were surprised to find a beach amongst the tide pools, tall marshy grasses and weeds at the end of the "island."

Beth and I spent some time squishing our toes in the sand and enjoying the semi cool night breeze coming across the water. I snapped some shots of her in the lifeguard chair. I don't know what my fascination with the lifeguard chair is but I have lots of pictures of them.

I guess to me they signify all that is "the beach." The guy or girl sitting up on their post watching over the people swimming, making sure that everything is right in the water. They have their floats and their whistles and their orange suits and a big blob of sunscreen piled onto their noses. This picture was taken with my digital but I think it still turned out okay.

Dusk at the beach. The water is calm. The lifeguard has gone home for the day. The beach is empty - or near empty.

Goodnight water. Goodnight waves. Goodnight sand. Goodnight lifeguard. Goodnight beach.

*click*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home