Saturday, September 02, 2006

I think the best part about vacation is that I get to take it with my family. Mom rented us a condo in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with a balcony that overlooked the beach and the ocean. Wow - it was the life.

I got to spend quality time with everybody that week. I took Beth to lunch at Margaritaville and to the aquarium on Monday. Mom and I went off on our own to shop in the rain and thunderstorms on Tuesday. Mom, Nancy and I went shopping just the girls on Thursday morning. That night Nancy, Beth, Venu and I went to the amusement park then to dinner at Johnny Rockets. Friday we were on the beach by 10 a.m. and didn't leave until close to 4 or 5 that night. Then mom, Venu and I went to south Myrtle Beach to see where she is staying when she goes back in October and we did a little shopping then as well. This was possibly the best vacation I've had in many years. Sure, we've been on a few together but this was the best.

It was time to say goodbye on Saturday. I flew home to return to the daily grind. Gretchen and Steve had picked up Joey that afternoon so that he was in the car when they came to pick me up at the airport. Although I miss my family like mad, it was good to be home in my own house with my dog and my cat planted firmly in my side in bed that night. I can't wait for the next vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home