Monday, December 04, 2006

Imagine my surprise to arrive home to a box marked 'Pro Flowers' sitting on my kitchen table. I had been home almost 15 minutes or so before I came into the kitchen and noticed the box. And when I DID notice the box, I suddenly became suspicious.

Who could be sending ME flowers?

I looked to Joey immediately.

"Have you been playing on mommy's internet again?" I asked. His head cocked to the side. "Even worse - did you use mommy's CREDIT CARDS AGAIN!?" I asked him, feeling a little goofy. I approached the flowers as if a snake might jump out at me. Maybe they were for the neighbor and they weren't home, I thought. I picked up the card and instantly got teary eyed.

My friends Jamie and Bob from Pa. had sent me this beautiful arrangement of flowers. For no particular reason - just to say that they were thinking of me and they hoped the flowers would make me smile. And so there I stood holding onto the card and staring at the pretty flowers before me, crying and smiling all at the same time. What wonderful people I have in my life - I feel so rich, so loved and so happy to have great friends.

The flowers are STILL standing :) and are in my kitchen where I can see them coming and going. The cat, bless her heart, has not tried to eat them. They've opened up and bloomed quite nicely now.

I know that they won't last forever but...the sentiment and the thoughts will.

Thanks James - Thanks Bob. I love you guys!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kylie's Mommy said...

How did they make it inside?
the flowe ferry?


Dottie

10:22 PM  
Blogger Kylie's Mommy said...

I tried to post earlier. who knows this may be a repeat...

How did the flowers arrive on your kitchen table? This has me perplexed...

Dottie

10:23 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

:)

Joey's girlfriend, Lea brought them in when she came to walk him that day. :)

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home