Friday, March 17, 2006


I have four bedrooms in my new house. I am one person and even though I've probably had more guests stay in the last six weeks than I ever anticipated, I have two guest rooms set up for my visitors.

I took one for myself besides my master "suite" as I like to call it. I have created a room away from the rest of the house that contains my computer and my scrapbooking stuff. I have added a television and a Tivo for my viewing pleasure as I scrap or surf the web. I decided early on it would be my Buffett themed room. I'm not much into the whole theme thing myself but I have collected a few things here and there that are Buffett related so I wanted to display them. I created the Paradise letters with tropical themed scrap paper and several little embellishments that I had in my stash.

The house is a bit "stark" and plain with the white walls and open space. I know that by living here through time I will put my own personal touches around to make it feel more like home. I'm dying to paint and give the place some personality. It's such a different feeling in this life now...it used to be that I couldn't wait to get to Michaels and spend my hard earned money on crafts and scrapbook stuff. Now I can't wait to save enough money to put track lighting over the short wall in the kitchen.

I never thought owning a house would change my thought process as much as it has...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home