Sunday, April 02, 2006


I got this window from a friend of mine (Hi NONNIE!) when I lived in Pennsylvania. A lady at work had been giving them away and she had picked on up to do something crafty. By the time I had come looking for one myself, the pile was empty so Nonnie gave hers to me. I had an idea to fill it with an enlarged picture of the surf at one of the beaches I had visited in the past few years but with everything that went on with the job last fall, it never came to fruition.

It traveled in Elaine and Mike's moving van from Pa. I had been reading a copy of Simple Scrapbooks and someone had taken a smaller window and filled it with pictures. I decided that I was going to do the same. I wanted something unique to sit above my couch - something that reminded me of the things I like to see or do. At first I was going to hang a large black and white print of Central Park in the spring (although I wasn't quite sure how I'd tell it was Central Park in the spring if it was in black and white *giggle*) Then I thought I'd use some black and whites of New York City I had taken on our last trip this past Christmas and make 12x12 framed pages of them and hang them. All I know is that I wanted it to be something special, something different, something simple yet something that would catch someone's eye when they walked into the room. Mainly mine since I live alone and well, the dog, he's pretty smart but I really don't think he much cares about anything but those new Alpo treats I got him and taking up most of the bed.

I'm bragging when I say I'm pretty proud of the end results. When I get excited about something I did right, I want the whole world to see! :)




4 Comments:

Blogger rosie said...

Saw your post on mlpa and came to check out the window-it's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Your blog is great, too. Congrats on your house.

11:40 AM  
Blogger rosie said...

Saw your post on mlpa and came to check out the window-it's BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Your blog is great, too. Congrats on your house.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you have every right to be proud! I love what you did with your window. TFS!
Jocelyn

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kris-Wow! I love it. What a great idea.
I wish I had wall space left to steal your idea!
---Kim

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home