Friday, December 29, 2006

HEELIES!!!OHMYGOSH!!!!


I managed to catch one of the best moments of our early Christmas celebration on camera. There is no better scene during the holidays than that of an excited child opening presents.

Grammy had worked her Christmas magic once again this year. Not only did she log into a website and FIND the Heelies that Beth wanted but she also ORDERED them and had them shipped before Christmas arrived!! Anybody who knows my mother knows that this is no easy feat - mostly because she's not a fan of putting her cc information out there for the world to see. But she managed and this picture (and blood curdling scream) was the result of her work.

We were never a very religious family but the sentiment of the season isn't totally lost on us. For the Heim family it's not about what day it is or how much we spend on gifts. It's not about what WE get ourselves but what we give OF ourselves in this time of year. To me, the holiday spirit lies in the picture above. I'm so very grateful that I was the one taking the picture - the excitement and happiness felt first hand of a child that I love so deeply is better than any gift I can give or receive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home