Sunday, February 25, 2007


This might not look like much to you, the reader, but it represents a lot to those of us involved in such a craft. Many people call it a craft and other people call it a waste of money. In a little corner of my slightly OCD world there are things that I do and create that I like to go back to time and time again. Call it a comfort zone; I like to be reminded of the good things in life, I guess.

I like to spend the time with this stuff just losing myself in creativity. It's very relaxing to me (sometimes) to sit and be creative and to sit back and see the fruits of my labor. I have so much that I've completed and so much that's left half finished. Pages and pages of memories sit in boxes right now just waiting to be sorted and put into some kind of book for me and others to peruse.

Cindy and I always spend hours and hours just sitting together and scrapping. I'm convinced though, after so many years of doing this, that it's not the actual activity that we love, it's the time spent together doing what we are doing. We set up our tables, drag out all of our stuff, fight over space to spread out, goof off, listen to loud music, snack here and there and we used to drink an unGodly amount of Diet Dr Pepper to fuel our creativity (and to keep us up until all hours of the night.)

So the craft is two fold - I get to create something to preserve those memories I hold so dear and I get to spend time with friends in a much better environment. It can be a way for us to bond as we talk and joke while we work. It's a way for us to get away from the every day and spend some quality time as girlfriends. That's the way life should be for everyone. Doing something you like with people you love.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home