Friday, March 17, 2006

Here is a simple and funny post.

What do you do if you are in your mid to late thirties, it's raining to beat all outside, and you're trying to be together and kill a little time?

Do what we did tonight! Go shopping at Target and bring along your digital camera!!!!

This is the best picture I have taken in a very long time. Sure, the lighting is atrocious and the background is busy and my subjects, well, I can't say much for them.

This is my very serious and very no nonsense brother in law. I pulled out all the stops in the sunglass aisle at Target trying to make my sister laugh. In the process, I made my brother in law laugh out loud once or twice as well. By the time we had snapped a few pictures of our own, he wanted to join in the fun.

The picture above is by far, the best one of the bunch. He was trying on a cowboy hat and a pair of Aviator knock off sunglasses in bright gold. He was having such a great time hamming it up for the camera - it was something that I was both surprised and happy to see!

It just goes to show you that it doesn't take much to make a person throw it all to the wind and just let themselves go; even for only a short while. We must have all tried on 10 pair of sunglasses and several hat and purse combinations. I know it might sound silly, but I felt like a kid again romping through that accessory section of Target! When was the last time you thought about being a kid again? Try it sometime!

Pull out the crayons, color outside the lines! Finger paint a picture and tack it to your fridge door! Cut out some colorful paper and glue it all together...stop for a minute and pick at the glue residue on your hands...play with some play doh and let your imagination soar. Sure, you might be in your early or late thirties or even older - the world will be there when you come back. Take some time out and be a kid again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home